Our country is composed of over 7,000 islands, meaning that there are so many places that we can visit and explore, and are worth sharing. Now, we are calling all of the travellers out there to share us your best shot of the Philippine Travel Destination to showcase the hidden charm of our beloved country.
So here’s the contest mechanics:
- One should submit their best photo of the Philippines. One entry per person only.
- Entry must be in high resolution with 1920px on the longest side.
- Landscape oriented shots are highly preferred.
- Entry must be his/her original work. We will be not liable for any copyright complaints for submitting photos that are not yours. Your entry will be subjected to disqualification if proven so.
- Photo must be taken here in the Philippines (obviously).
- Together with your entry, you must write a short description/story about that photo. Entries without description will automatically disqualified.
- Only minimal photo improvements are advisable, intense post processing may ruin your photo and will not be selected at all. Minor lighting, exposure, contrast and highlights improvement will be accepted.
- Composite photo entries are accepted as long as it is not manipulated.
- You must send you entries to email@example.com with a subject containing your entry name. Example: Best Of Philippines – <Entry Name>
- By submitting your entry, you are agreeing that we can share your photos anywhere to our social media accounts and website. We will give due credits and you still have the ownership of your photo.
How are we going to choose the winner:
- Entries will undergo into 3 stages.
- The Initial Screening
- Here, we will select entries that met the mechanics above.
- All photos that passed the initial screening will be posted on our facebook page for the second stage.
- The Second Stage.
- Once photos are posted on our facebook page, it can now be shared and top 20 entries with the highest score will pushed to the final stage.
- Scores will be based on the combined number of vote and judges score.
- 1 Facebook reaction = 1 vote
- Facebook Reaction = 40% of the total score.
- Judges Score = 60% of the total score.
- The Final Stage
- Once we’re done determining the top 20 entries, they will be again reposted on our facebook page, and will be voted for 1 week.
- Scores will be back to 0.
- Same process as in the second stage will be followed in determining the winner. Facebook votes (40%) + Judges Score (60%) = Winner (100%).
- The Initial Screening
There will be 3 main prizes for the top 3 photos that will win, and will definitely be a useful piece for travelling. And there will also be 7 consolation prizes for photos that are in the top 10.
First Prize – TBA + printed copy of your entry.
Second Prize – TBA + printed copy of your entry.
Third Prize – TBA + printed copy of your entry.
Consolation Prizes – TBA
- Deadline of submission of entries is until the November 31st.
- Initial Screening will take 5-7 days depending on the number of entries received.
- Photos that are selected in the Initial Screening will be posted on December 7th, 2017.
- Voting and judging of photos for the second stage will start on December 7th until December 14th.
- Top 20 photos will be reposted on December 15th are will be up again for voting and judging until December 31st.
- Winners will be announced on January 1st, 2018.
Non-compliance of the above mechanics will lead to disqualification. If you have any questions about the contest, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may directly message us on our facebook page.
We are looking forward to seeing your best shots of the Philippines and we can’t wait to share it to the world.
* Mechanics and Prizes are subject to change without prior notice.