Looking for a chill overnight hike that is just few hours from Manila? Look no further, Mt. Balagbag is the best mountain to hike with your friends.
Mt. Balagbag with an elevation of 777+ MASL can be hiked within a day. Hikers opt stay overnight here and enjoy the scenic view of the city lights. Some trail runners also choose to have their training here during dry season.
There’s no chance to get lost here because the wide trail is so established, you can even hike at night.
How to get here
- From Cubao, ride a bus going to Tungko.
- Alight at Jollibee Tungko and the ride a jeep going to Licao-licao
- From Licao-licao you can already start your hike to the registration or you can opt to ride a trike going to the registration area. I suggest you start your hike at Licao-licao because from the registration area, it is just 20-30 mins away to summit, so enjoy the hike from Licao-licao to summit if I were you.
- Cubao – Tungko: Php 55.00 (Bus)
- Tungko – Licao-licao: 27.00 (Jeep)
- Registration+Fee: Php 30.00
- Optional: Trike from Licao-licao to school: Php 30.00