First off, this post has nothing against Coldplay or people who are willing to pay for the VIP price ticket to watch their concert. We too are fans of the band, we’re just listing at least 5 travel destinations that you can visit with that amount of money, so cheers and let’s get started!
1. Mt. Pulag, Benguet
Mt. Pulag, the highest peak of Luzon at 2,992 MASL. It is one of the most popular weekend destination of most hiking enthusiasts and mountaineers because of the majestic view if offers. One of the main reason why hikers flock to this mountain is because of its magnificent sunrise plus a view of the sea of clouds. It is also coined as the “Playground of the Gods” by most hikers.
There are a lot of travel groups and organizers who offers a two to three day tour/hike to Mt. Pulag ranging from Php 2,000 to Php 3,000 depending on the trail you want to take. But if you want to do it as DIY, you must at least form a group of 10 for a less expensive trip. Budget for DIY trips from Baguio city ranges from Php 1,500 to Php 2,000 depending on the number of members in your group.
Hiking Mt. Pulag is via reservation basis, allowing only 500 hikers per day for all of the trails. So you might want to call the tourism office to reserve your slots before going there.
- Php 2,000.00 – Php 3,000.00
- DENR – 09196315402
- Guide Fee – Php 500.00/guide good for 1-5 persons, additional person is Php 100.00. Maximum of 10 persons per guide.
- Registration Fee and Orientation – Php 225.00 per person
- Monster Jeep Renta – Php 7,000 to Php 8,000 and can accommodate upto 18 persons. You can ask the DENR personnel for contact numbers of their accredited jeepney rentals.
We are having our Mt. Pulag Year-End Climb this coming December 28-29, 2016. If you are interested to join, we are offering it for only Php 2,799 inclusive of transportation, all fees, dinner and breakfast. You can find more details by clicking this link: Year Ender — Experience Mt. Pulag
2. Nagsasa Cove, Zambales
One of the best beach getaway my friends and I have been to is the Nagsasa Cove in Brgy. Pundaquit, San Antonio, Zambales. It’s just a chill and laid back getaway for the weekend just to be far away from the stress in the city. For a budget for Php 1,800.00 ALL-IN, we get to enjoy a relaxing and fun weekend getaway.
There’s not much to do here but to just relax, swim, play with the waves, cliff jump, and visit Capones and Camara Islands. If you are a more adventurous type of traveler, you can hike Mt. Balingkilat traversing to Nagsasa Cove.
- Php 1,500.00 – Php 1,800.00
- Jesus Bansales III – 0920 274 4651 | 0977 321 7900
You can contact Sir Jess if you want to visit and camp in Nagsasa Cove. You can also choose among the other two coves, the Anawangin Cove (the more crowded and commercialized one) and Talisayen Cove.
- Van rental – 09063395064 | 09178618672
In all of our trips, we are renting vans from them. If you want a convenient transfer from your place to Zambales, you can contact them for van rentals.
- Van rentals can range from Php 8,000.00 to Php 9,000.00
- Nagsasa Tour ranges from Php 500.00 to Php 650.00 per person inclusive of everything you need in the island, entrance fees, round trip boat transfer and island hopping.
- Food sharing is up to you, our group shared Php 300.00 to Php 500.00 per person for supplies and cooking materials.
3. Mt. Daraitan in Tanay, Rizal
A popular day hike destination in Tanay, Rizal which is just 2-3 hours away from Manila. A quick escape from the busy streets of the city. On top of the summit, you’ll see a wide view of the Sierra Madre Mountain Range and a bonus sea of clouds if you’ll do a night trek and if you are lucky enough to witness it.
Tinipak River is also one the main attraction in this places, usually made as a side trip of most hikers by doing a traverse from the summit of Mt. Daraitan. You’ll also get a chance to see the beautiful rock formation in the river, you just have to pay Php 25.00 as entrance fee which is used to maintain the place. If the weather condition is good, and the current is not that bad, you can also take a dip at the natural pool inside the Tinipak Cave. Though they are limiting the amount of time to stay here for 15 minutes due to the number of people who wants to experience it.
You can check our travel guide to Mt. Daraitan for a more detailed blog: Travel Guide: Mt. Daraitan
- Php 500.00 – Php 700.00 for a day hike
- Head Guide (Willy): 0906 953 3470
- Guide fee – Php 500.00 good for 1-5 persons
- Registration fee – Php 20.00
- Entrance fee to see the Rock Formation – Php 25.00
- Van Shaw to Tanay – Php 70.00 to Php 90.00 (1.5 hours of travel)
- Jeep from Tanay to Sampaloc – Php 26.00 (45 minutes)
- Trike from Sampaloc to Extraction point – Php 100.00 per person (30 minutes)
- Raft to cross the river (Optional) – Php 10.00
We are having a day hike to Mt. Daraitan this coming December 04, 2016. If you are interested to join, we are offering it for only Php 700.00 inclusive of transportation and all fees. You can find more details by clicking this link: Dayhike — Mt. Daraitan
4. Mt. Ulap in Itogon, Benguet
A fun chill day hike in Benguet which offers a picturesque view the Cordillera’s mountain range. A relatively easy hike which can be recommended for first time hikers. You will get to experience a breath taking view while trekking to the summit and a chance to see the sea of clouds.
One of the main attraction in this mountain is the Gungal Rock which serves as the landmark of this mountain.
- Php 400.00 to Php 500.00 from Baguio
- Brgy. Ampucao Tourism – 09989589549
- Registration Fee – Php 100.00 per person
- Guide fee – Php 400.00 good for 10 persons Php 800.00 overnight
- If you are going to camp, you’ll need to pay addition Php 500.00 for the camping fee
We are having a day hike to Mt. Ulap this coming December 17, 2016. If you are interested to join, we are offering it for only Php 1,200.00 inclusive of transportation and all fees. You can find more details by clicking this link: Dayhike — Mt. Ulap
5. Buscalan Village in Tinglayan Kalinga
Experience a traditional culture of the Butbut tribe in Kalinga. Relax and enjoy the company of the villagers and learn new things from their cultures and tradition. Wake up to the wonderful view of the mountains. Take a dip to the chilling waters of the water falls. All that for a budget of Php 3,000.00 for a ground of 5!
Buscalan is almost a 19 hour travel from Manila, so if you love long commutes and enjoys transferring from one mode of transportation to another for almost one whole day, this destination is for you.
One of the main reason why people from different parts of the globe visits Buscalan is because of the living legend, soon to be a National Artist (hopefully), Apo Whang-od. Believed to be the last “Mambabatok” (traditional tattoo artist) of her generation. She offers traditional tattoos to visitors for a price ranging from Php 200.00 to Php 1,000+ depending on the size of the tattoo. She is accompanied by here grand daughters/nieces Grace and Elyang.
- Php 2,000 to Php 3,000 group of 3 to 5 persons
- Guide Gilbert – 09084792012
- Guide Oliver – 09397741477
- Guide Raffy – 09279853681
- Manila to Baguio – Php 455.00
- Baguio to Manila – Php 455.00
- Baguio to Bontoc – Php 195.00
- Bontoc to Baguio – Php 195.00
- Bontoc to Buscalan – Php 100.00
- Buscalan to Bontoc – Php 100.00
- Homestay – Php 250.00
- Registration Fee – Php 75.00
- Guide – Php 1,000
We are having a tour to Buscalan next year January 13-15, 2016. If you are interested to join, we are offering it for only Php 1,200.00 inclusive of transportation and all fees. You can find more details by clicking this link: Year Starter — Experience Buscalan
So there you go! These are some of the destinations you can visit if you are thinking twice on whether you should buy a VIP ticket to Coldplay’s concert, or just go to places you’ve never been before, explore and learn new things from you adventure.
It’s up to you, just do the things that makes you happy and don’t let other people dictate you on your own happiness. Live the life you want to live and be happy on whatever the result may be.
We’ll be adding more destinations in this list in the coming days so stay tuned for our updates. Cheers!