There’s another mountain circuit which has been recently opened to hikers a few months ago which offers a beautiful view of the sea of clouds and a refreshing waterfall sidetrip after descending the mountain.
The Maysawa Circuit features two mountain-hills, the Mt. Sapari and Mt. Binutasan and a creek at the end of the hike. One should register first at the barangay hall of Brgy. Cuyambay, same registration area of Mt. Paliparan. After registration, hikers will go straight to the trailhead, which requires them to ride a vehicle in order to arrive there quickly. As of September 2017, registration area is still at the barangay hall, but they said that they are planning to put a registration area at the start of the trail to the circuit.
At the summit of this mountains, you will be able to see Mt. Batolusong, Mt. Maynoba, and other neighboring mountains along the Sierra Madre mountain range.
How to get to Brgy. Cuyambay
- From Cubao, ride a jeep going to Cogeo
- From Cogeo, ride a jeep going to Cuyambay. Brgy. Cuyambay is just 5 mins away from
- Batangasan and is on the right side of the road.
- From there, hire a habal-habal going to the Barangay Hall, then after registration, ask them to take you to the trailhead of the Maysawa Circuit
Take Marcos Highway going to Brgy. Cuyambay the turn right. Follow the road until you reach the Barangay Hall.
04:00 – Cubao to Cogeo
05:00 – Cogeo to Brgy. Cuyambay
06:15 – Habal-habal to Brgy. Hall/Register/Briefing
07:00 – Start Trek
08:30 – ETA Mt. Sapari Summit
10:30 – ETA Mt. Binutasan Summit
11:30 – ETA Maysawa Creek
12:00 – Lunch
13:00 – Back to trailhead
An optional side trip can be done to Palo Alto Waterfall Resort, just few minutes away from the trailhead. Entrance fee is Php 100.00
16:00 – ETD Manila
18:30 – ETA Manila
- Trail can be super muddy and slippery during rainy days. Bring gloves, and wear your most comfortable trekking outfit, and be careful while descending down the two mountains.
- For you to witness the sea of clouds, I suggest that you go there via private vehicle and leave as early as 2AM from your meeting point.
- There are few limatiks along the trail, so brace yourselves for a bloody trek during rainy days.
- Registration+Environmental Fee: Php 100.00
- Guide Fee: Php 500 (1:5) Php 1,250.00 Overnight
- Cubao to Cogeo: Php 25.00
- Cogeo to Cuyambay: Php 42.00
- Habal-Habal: Php 50.00
- Jeep rental (Rene) – 09127570867
- Brgy. Cuyambay – 09124795185
- Brgy. Cuyambay (Rose) – 09093379673
- Van rental (from Manila) – 09269702947
- Laida (Guide) – 09991797050